MESSAGE from the XXII congress President
Dear Congress Participants,
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
I would like to thank you for your participation at the XXII EACMFS congress in Prague. It was my extraordinary pleasure to host you during the congress days and I hope you have enjoyed both the scientific program and the beautifulness of Prague.
It was a great experience to organize a meeting for so many enthusiastic and dedicated professionals and I am sure you will benefit from the knowledge and contacts gathered at this event.
I wish you all the best for your professional career and I am looking forward to meeting you again at least by the occasion of the next EACMFS congress 2016 in London.
EACMFS President 2012-2014
XXII Congress President
We are proud to announce that the XXII Congress of the European Association for Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery congress was attended in total by 1702 participants from 66 countries in the world.
The scientific programme was divided into 4 congress days with 5 parallel sessions and consisted of:
- 2 Presidential Lectures dedicated to pioneers of Czech maxillofacial surgery, Prof. Burian and Prof. Kufner
- 4 Past President Sessions of Guillermo Raspall, Luigi C. Clauser, Maurice Mommaerts and Mišo Virag and their co-speakers
- 4 Panel Discussions focused on Facial Transplantation, TMJ Surgery, Advanced Bone Surgery and Photodynamic Therapy
- 22 Guest Society Sessions of 13 European and 9 International Associations
- 35 Oral Sessions with 323 presentations on 18 topics
- 20 Masterclasses held on each morning with average attendance of 16 participants per lecture. The most popular Masterclass was of Eduardo D. Rodgriguez (USA): Reconstruction of facial defects
- E-Poster Session with 695 posters on 22 topics.
Prior the congress following activities were held:
- John Lowry Education Session on Monday, 22 September consisting of Journal Publishing Workshop, Complications in MFS and Trainees Business Meeting, followed by Trainees Party
- Product Training Courses on Monday, 22 September on the Zygoma Concept by Nobel Biocare and Ultrasonic Bone Surgery by Mectron
- Pre-congress Courses of AO CMF and Joint Workshop focused on Aspects of CMF reconstruction by Brainlab, KLS Martin and Karl Storz
- EBOMFS Examination on two days preceding the Congress.
The social programme for participants and accompanying persons consisted of the Opening Ceremony where the EACMFS president together with presidents of IAOMS, IAOO and AOCMF welcomed participants to the Congress. During the ceremony several awards were announced together with the EACMFS Recognition Award for contribution to the speacialty of cranio-maxillo-facial surgery for Prof. Hugo Obwegeser.
On the same evening all participants were invited to join the Presidential Reception at the art nouveau Municipal House while the Congress Dinner was held two days later in the neorennaisance Žofín Palace.
The congress photogallery can be found here.